So You'd Like to Contribute...
by Jim Allen, Sept. 8, 2004
Scratchbuilt.com has been built in
a large part by contributions from you, my Readers. I
always welcome your comments, ideas, Articles and Reader's Gallery
contributions, even if I am sometimes slow in acknowleding your emails and
posting your free content! I am getting to your stuff, although if you
want to remind me, feel free to email or use this contact page.
- It is simplest to just email me
your unretouched images and some words about what we are seeing,
and I'll try to make them into an Article or a Reader's Gallery entry for you. I'll Photoshop your
images to the size, shape and style of the website, and I can massage your words into sentences
and paragraphs, in the usual scratchbuilt.com format. But I can't make you funnier.
- I always make a test page first, which you must okay, or correct, before your content goes live.
- Remember, my focus is vintage slot car chassis that are soldered together, mostly brass.
I do show other types and ages, but only in the quizzes or articles. By and large, what I
like to post are brass chassis hand-soldered together from 1964-1972, and later, modern chassis, too.
Repros of vintage chassis are also welcomed.
- Take pictures, and send them to me attached to emails. I will crop and resize the pictures
to fit the format of the website. Please send a top and bottom view, plus two to four other
angles as needed. My aim is to show the chassis, not the body, but a pic or two of the
body is fine, too.
- Please write as much as you like and send it along in the email, so I will have
some text to go with your pictures. I usually edit and spellcheck your writing,
to fit the format of the website.
- The main facts to write - what is it, who built it, dates, explain the design,
materials, and anything else of interest. Many of our contributors
give building hints, advice, parts lists, measurements and instructions.
- If you want your content set up a certain way, please tell me.
I can set up your content to match what someone else did - just tell me
about it, and I'll follow that format.
- It is best to send me just a few things at a time, or else
I am overwhelmed and fall behind. It is hard to catch back up.
- For a few days after your content is up, please watch our Message Board,
since readers sometimes post questions for you.
- Thanks again for contributing! --Jim Allen